Sunday, August 29, 2010

Here's my verbal spew for tonight. No particular order, rhyme, or reason..

I gave up my dresser for Emery. The girl isn't even born yet, and I'm making more sacrifices than I remember. But I love her, so it's easy. What's not so easy is living out of boxes again. All my clothes are either in diaper boxes, or hanging, and it's really starting to get to me. I've had things offered to me (I had a vanity I was using for a while, and Mom offered me a dresser), but I just don't have the room for anything but a chest of drawers. It's got to fit in my closet, or it's not going to fit in our room. This is what I'm hoping to get:

It's just a cheap dresser from Walmart, but it's something! But for now, it's boxes on the closet floor... Sigh....


I have to stay up late every night catching up house work because I can only get so much done with  Mischa running around. Last night I was up almost until midnight folding and putting away 4 loads of laundry. Dusty was supposed to help me with this (I asked him before Mischa went to bed), but even though he saw me toting laundry baskets across the house, he stayed planted on his butt in front of the TV and only helped when he came in the bedroom to actually go to bed and there were piles of laundry covering the bed. And I'm getting behind on dishes again... This house will never be ready at this rate. Especially with him being gone so many weekends in September and October.... Another sigh...

Tomorrow morning is my glucose test, 3D/4D ultrasound, and 28 week appointment. Mom was supposed to come pick Mischa up at 7:30, because I have to leave at 8, but Dad's Jeep won't start so he's taking Mom's car to work. So I have to find a way through construction in the opposite direction to drop Mischa off at their house, then make it to the north side of Terre Haute by 9. I might be able to do it. Then, Dusty has to try to nap in the afternoon because he then has a 12 hour shift tomorrow night. Poor guy. But Mischa has a kiddie pool party tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully that will provide him with an opportunity to nap, and maybe that will count as my "break".

I totally forgot about Dusty helping out with Kairos, a prison ministry, until he reminded me tonight (of all nights! Seriously, he couldn't have waited until tomorrow?). He's going to be gone all day every other Saturday starting September 11th, then there's some overnighter at some point, all for training. Then he'll be gone for 4 days, 3 nights, towards the end of October for the actual Kairos weekend. And I'll be almost 36 weeks and miserable. Alone. Taking care of our 2 1/2 year old. Alone. Can you feel my stress??

Babies R Us is having a huge trade-in deal until September 17th I think, where you can trade in your old baby gear (car seat, high chair, stroller, play pen, etc.) and get 25% off of anything, as long as they are from the list of accepted brands. So we can trade in our moldy stroller and old car seat for new ones (which will never be stored in the garage!), and hopefully a high chair. We never had one with Mischa, so it would be nice to have one this time around. This is what we're shooting for:

We at least need the stroller and car seat, so we're going to put our 25% off towards those. 

Well, Dusty is out trying to find a path through the construction to make the morning easier. I need to get to bed since the alarm is set to go off at 6:15. I think I might die tomorrow. Just from sheer exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment