Thursday, September 9, 2010

So the gestational diabetes is little more stressful than I anticipated. I ended up going to the nutritionist/dietician yesterday (they didn't want to wait until today), so I took Mischa with me. She actually was very good, and I'm very proud of her. She loved playing with all the fake food.

I have to check my blood sugar 4 times a day. Fasting, then 2 hours after every meal. So far all my numbers have been coming back great, but I know that if I bring this up they'll tell me that it's just because the new diet is working wonderfully. Whatever. It's just a few more weeks, then I should be done.

The worst part is trying to figure out what to eat. I'm only allowed 12 carb counts a day, which one count equals 15 grams. So it's not a whole lot, but I'm figuring it out:

YESTERDAY:

  • Lunch: Double bacon, egg, and cheese on an English Muffin from Subway = 1 count
  • Snack: 3 cookies = 2 counts
  • Dinner: 3/4 cup spaghetti w/ sauce, 1 slice of garlic bread, 1 cup of milk = 4 counts
  • Bedtime Snack: One packet of instant oatmeal = 2 counts (only supposed to have 1, but I only had 1 at lunch)
TODAY

  • Breakfast: Two pieces of wheat toast, one with butter, one with cheese and an egg (over easy), 1/2 cup of milk, 2 slices of peaches = 2 counts
  • Lunch: Peanut butter and honey butter sandwich on wheat bread, 1/2 cup of milk = 3 counts
  • Snack: Not there yet, but I'm only allotted 2 counts
  • Dinner: No idea what I'm making, but I get 4 counts
  • Bedtime Snack: One measly count.
I might waste away.

Ok, so it's not really that horrible, but it's hard to figure out what to eat. It almost takes longer preparing anything and figuring out how many counts things are, than it does to finally eat! But it's obviously working, because, like I said, all my numbers are coming back fine. My fasting is supposed to be less than 94, and after meals is supposed to be under 120. I've only been over 100 once, and that was after dinner last night, and it was only 106.

I think we're going to attempt walking again tonight, but at a more leisurely pace. I think we were walking too fast last time, and that's why I started having contractions.

Well, I haven't posted any pictures lately, so I'll leave you with one of my growing belly, and one of my cuter munchkin.
28 wks, 6 dys
Sitting in my desk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment