Sunday, September 5, 2010

My unborn, the drama queen. Already. I spent about 4-5 hours in labor and delivery last Thursday night because of cramping and contractions. I feel like I have to explain this every time I say cramping because I know it sounds petty. But when I say cramping, I mean laying on the couch, rocking back and forth, trying not to cry because it hurts so bad period cramps. I called my doctor's office, and they told me to go right in to the hospital. When I got there, they had me pee in a cup, then hooked me up to the monitors to track Emery's heartbeat and my contractions. They also did the fFN test. Both that and the UTI test came back negative. So since those were negative, my contractions were irregular, and my cervix hadn't changed while I was there (which, by the way, I'm dilated a fingertip! They said it's expected since I've had a baby before, but COME ON!), they sent me home.

We're all assuming it's dehydration. I had to drink two large cups of water while we waited on my test results, and it helped the cramping some, but I was still contracting. And I still am. And the cramping came back today. So, I'm trying to drink as much water as possible, but -of course- it aggravates my heartburn. Woot.

My activities are restricted as tolerated, which means I'm not allowed to push myself to do so much anymore. So it'll just be laundry and dishes for a while. Dusty's been pretty helpful. He's made dinner the past few nights so I don't have to. :) And whenever I mention something sounds good, he usually ends up bringing it home from the store at some point. The most recent being m&m cookies! Yum!

Tuesday, Andrea has her baby girl (:D). Friday, we're hoping to go visit (!!). Saturday, I'm hoping to make a day trip to Evansville to visit a friend. She's a pretty awesome photographer and wants to experiment with my belly :). I REALLY hope it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment