Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wow, I suck at this...

It's been three weeks, wow. But things have been busy, crazy, exhausting.

I am now 16 weeks, 3 days. Earlier this week I had some pains and slight cramping, followed by some spotting, so I've been taking it easy. Of course, I called my doctor's office, but (go figure) my doctor wasn't in the office that day, and his nurse wouldn't answer her page. So the nurse I talked to had no idea of my medical history. I was told to drink two glasses of water and lay on my left side for 15 minutes. It worked for a while. Then yesterday I started having the pains again, so I have been taking it super easy to avoid bleeding again. I have my monthly appointment with my doctor tomorrow at 1, and I'll be asking him about it. I've really been trying to stay hydrated, but water gives me heartburn and makes me nauseous, and milk really makes me feel sick. I don't want to drink lots of juice or pop because of the sugar, so I'm kind of at a loss of what to do. But I'm doing my best. I also have an orange in the fridge that's been calling my name... but that requires cutting it up lol.

I was going to try to put myself on bedrest until my appointment tomorrow, but I have a two-year-old, so that's impossible. So I've vowed to take it super easy today, not do any house work, just sit and relax. I even had Dusty go get some groceries early so I wouldn't have much to do today as far as preparing lunch (yay Lunchables!). But now my dining room is glaring at me, and I'm disgusted at my living space. Maybe we'll get to that this weekend. We'll see. I'm just glad that some of the laundry on the loveseat has been folded and put away, so half of it is usable again! Slowly but surely, we'll reclaiming the house from my first trimester nausea catastrophe.

Three weeks from tomorrow we have our anatomy ultrasound and find out what we're having. We're hoping for a boy, and it's really felt like a boy this whole time, but we still have a 50% chance of it being a girl as well. I'll be thrilled either way :)

Lots of prayers go up for my SIL. She's on hospital bedrest for cervical insufficiency. She's 24 weeks, 4 days with baby Evelyn Mae. You can read her blog about her high-risk pregnancy at babybrewer-evie-mae.blogspot.com .

Mischa is so obsessed with the babies, and she's so worried about them not having binkies (blankets), that she's demanded I make them blankets! And since Evie is coming first, she says I need to make hers first. She wanted it to be green, like hers, but I grabbed pink to go with it. The blanket looks like lime and strawberry sherbet lol. But it's pretty cute and Mischa says it's so soft and will keep her warm and dry :). Our baby's blanket will be yellow she says. I'm using different stitches for the blankets, so that works. I'm using the Larkspur stitch for Evie's, so it's easier to switch colors, but I'll be using the puff stitch for ours, so I'll probably just stick with the one color.

I have been feeling the baby move around more, and definitely getting more kicks lately. But then there are some days where I don't feel him/her moving much at all through the day, and it honestly freaks me out. I know it's too early to be feeling regular movement, but I guess I'm in the mentality that since I've felt it, I need to feel it all the time. It's funny how the baby already recognizes things and has his/her own schedule already. Once Dusty gets home from work, it's guaranteed that I'll feel lots of squirming (Daddy's boy/girl already!), and once I crawl in bed and get comfortable and night, then the goober does its acrobats. But thankfully that only lasts for a little while, then we can both go to sleep.

Tomorrow they'll just be checking the heartbeat (which is always amazing to me :), checking on me (I'll be asking about the pains!), and I get to do bloodwork. Yay. I don't quite remember everything they're testing for tomorrow, but I know one thing is Down Syndrome, which I've never been worried about. It'll be nice to have a heads up, but we'll love our baby no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment